Regardless of whether you are building a new home, adding to an existing home, or remodeling your current home; you will need to have a home design plan. If you have experience in architectural design, you can easily design your home design floor plan. However, if you are like most, you will need to hire an architect to plan your home design or purchase home design floor plans from a reputable organization.
Home design plans are available in hundreds of designs. You can find everything from Beach House plans to Victorian House plans. Homes range in size from 900 square feet to more than 10,000 square feet and most plans can be customized to further suit your needs.
Some companies offer full-service packages, which include home design floor plans, cost estimating services, and referral service to quality home builders in your area. Other companies provide discount services or bundle packages, which allow you to purchase a set of three or more home design plans at a reduced rate.
When purchasing home design plans, make certain they are designed by professional architects who are NCARB certified. Home design floor plans need to meet nationally recognized building codes and should include the following elements:
1) Exterior elevations of the front, rear, and sides of the house
2) Interior elevations สร้างบ้าน showing details of fireplaces, cabinets, built-in units, and other special interior features.
3) Detailed floor plans showing the placement of interior walls and dimensions for rooms, doors, windows and stairways.
4) Cross section detail, which show construction details of the home, insulation, flooring and roofing.
5) Roof plans showing details of the layout.
6) Foundation drawings for a crawlspace or basement.
7) Schematic electrical layouts showing the detail of light fixtures, outlets, and switches.
8) General specifications plan which outlines details of the home and property where it will be built.
Home design magazines such as Architectural Digest and Interior Design, provide many time- and money-saving resources. Oftentimes, you can locate unique home design plans by perusing the classified section of home design magazines.
Your local library can also provide you with information on every aspect of designing your own home. Oftentimes, libraries offer “Do-It-Yourself” videos on a wide range of topics, which can be exceptionally helpful if you plan on building your own home.